Up to 12-month Standard Warranty
Our website offers a standard warranty for up to 12 months upon your purchase, as stated below.
Below are the exceptions:
- We offer standard warranty of 12 months to: Waterproof cameras, action cameras, instant cameras, camera light meter, camera flash, mobile phones, tablet pcs, computer, smartwatch, fitness watches, fashion watches, RC toys, audio items, music equipment, game console, gaming keyboard, car camcorder, memory cards, home appliance, personal care items, external hard drive, and computer accessories.
- We offer standard warranty of 6 months to: Waterproof cases, camera lens filters, and flash remote.
- We offer standard warranty of 3 months to: RC toy battery.
- We offer standard warranty of 1 month to: Camera accessories, mobile and tablet accessories, computer accessories, games, gaming controller, audio cable, and card reader.
Please note the warranty starts counting from the invoice date. The shipping time, duration of repair and return shipping time are also taken into account when calculating the warranty period. Inspection and repair process can take up to four weeks.
For more details, please refer to the following terms and conditions of our warranty policy.
Terms and Conditions
Upon receiving and accepting your payment, this warranty will cover for your purchase.
The Device Monster warranty, once paid for, warrants the product to operate according to manufacturer's specifications as all our products are imported goods they will not come with manufacturer's warranty, this warranty is provided by our own company.
What is Covered
Parts and labour costs of up to 12 months (depending on the exceptions above) for product malfunctioning due to manufacture defect.
Parts and labour costs of up to 12 months (depending on the exceptions above) for product malfunctioning due to a fault in the material of the product.
Parts and labour costs of 1 month for Rechargeable Batteries due to a fault in the material.
- All warranty requests have to be made via submission of a RMA ticket.
- It is recommended to quote the product item number in any communication with Device Monster.
- In the course of product being returned, we will ensure the safety of your product(s) while it is in our possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessory), Device Monster will not pay for any compensation for the loss of any particular item. Therefore, please only send the item required for repair.- Device Monster warrants this product (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper and other consumables defined by us) to be in good working condition in the warranted period.. Proof of purchase, such as payment receipt, is required to receive the warranty (PayPal receipt is valid for this purpose).
- We obtain the right to offer product replacement if the cost of repair is not economical. If the product is no longer available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. The value is based on the value of the time of replacement.
- We obtain the right to compensate a certain proportion of value of the unit if the product cannot be repaired within the warranty period. The proportion will be considered by time of use (12 months at maximum). The proportion of value is fixed at 8% for each month. For example, if the unit price of your non-repairable products is GBP 1000, and you have used it for 2 months, the compensation will be GBP 846.4. However, such compensation will be issued in the form of Device Monster store credit only. This condition excludes misused non-repairable products.
- You must obtain an authorisation for repair from the RMA department and the form of repair is subject to Device Monster’s authorisation, and we may choose to use a particular service centre.
- You must inform the service centre in writing if the address is changed during the repair process.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the product (est. 30GBP - 50GBP) if the product is not covered by this warranty as listed in the above “What is Covered” session.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to our warehouse for warranty service.
- You will be responsible for the cost of inspections and diagnosis if the fault of the product is determined not to be covered by this warranty.
- You will be responsible for the cost of repair if the fault of the product is determined not to be covered by this warranty.
- Device Monster’s only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out in the above.
- Personal assets (including all software and data) should be customer’s responsibility to safeguard. Precautions such as making full backups of all your software and data and implementing virus checking controls is recommended.
- The warranty is not transferable.
- Any Mack Diamond Warranty purchased will replace Device Monster's 24-month standard warranty. Customers could enjoy the Mack warranty's benefits and use the local Mack warranty service. However, no return, refund or exchange will be made once the Mack Warranty is purchased from Device Monster.
1. Consumable products, such as batteries and films are not covered by the warranty. (Except RC toy battery which has a 3-month warranty).
2. Non-electronic items which are not operated by electricity (such as bags, lens, hoods, and audio accessories, etc.) are not covered (except audio cable which has 1-month warranty).
3. Any repair carrier related issue cost (e.g. SIM Card, availability, coverage, service, range etc.) of mobile phones and tablets will not be covered by Device Monster.
4. Any issues caused by the firmware or software, modification of operating system, or jailbreak to the phones or tablets will not be covered by the Device Monster Warranty.
5. Jewellery items are not covered by the warranty.
6. Accessories in the gadget category are not covered by the warranty.
7. In-box accessories are not covered by the warranty.
General Exclusions of Fault
- Wear and tear.
- Damage caused by impact, shock, fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness, leaking batteries, fire, theft, attempted theft, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding, winds, earthquakes, lightning or other adverse weather conditions.
- Any accidental or malicious damage.
- Any damage due to exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal environment conditions.
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product.
- Any damage due to operating with incorrect or irregular voltage supply.
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms.
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer’s.
- Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- The product serial has been removed or made illegible
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-DeviceMonster or original manufacturer proprietary software
- Loss or damage of data
- Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
- Not installing any error correction that is issued for the software
- Use of which is not designed
- Damaged Display on Screen (LCD) due to improper usage
- Non-Manufacturer defect on Lenses
- Liquid damage
- Damage due to improper packing during shipment to service centre or service agent
Special Note regarding Waterproof cases
The Device Monster warranty will cover for 6 months. However, damage caused by improper use, impact, exceeding recommended depths are excluded by the warranty.
If any other items were damaged by being used in conjunction with the warranted product, they will not be covered by the warranty.
The damaged waterproof case will be sent to manufacturer for waterproof/ pressure testing to the specifications of the product as outlined by the manufacturer. Customer will be responsible for the repair fee if the test is passed and any of the transportation cost that is required.
Special Note for 3rd Party Lenses
We will cover parts and labour costs for the repair of manufacturer defect(s) or production fault(s), which resulted in product malfunctioning. Any issue(s) related to the front or back focus is/ are not included in the warranty. The use of third party lens is at customer's own discretion. Device Monster does not make guarantee to the quality and accuracy of the focus of third party lenses.
Special Note for Waterproof Cameras/ Casings / Bags
Damages caused by impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. are excluded from this warranty. Please be advised that the warranty is solely for the purchased item only. Any defects or damages on any other item(s) which is used in conjunction with this product is not warranted.
Special Note for Waterproof Mobile Phones
The warranty excludes defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress. Any defects or damages on any other item(s) which is used in conjunction with this product is not warranted.
Special Note for Remote Control Toys
The warranty excludes defects or damage resulting from below:
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
- Damage caused by operating the unit in electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with the wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals etc.).
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than the safe take-off weight.
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.
Any defects or damages on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product with this product is not warranted.
Period out of Device Monster 12-months Standard Warranty
A full return postage fee, inspection fee and repair fee, or any other related charges incurred shall be borne by you if you wish to return the product for inspection or repair outside of the warranty period.